Fun Free Activities
You have some time on your hands. Whether it is for spring break or the weekend, what are you going to do?
For the outdoor adventure types:
Lucky for us, we live in what’s called the Natural State. That means that there is so much free-living outside of our car or our home that we may not be aware of. Don’t under-estimate the value of sunshine, fresh air or creation. These outdoor spaces are within 30 minutes of Conway. You may enjoy walking, biking, swimming, sunbathing, frisbee golf, volleyball, hiking, mountain biking and more.
- Tucker Creek Walking/Bike trail
- Beaverfork Lake
- Lake Conway
- Cadron Settlement Park
- Bell Slough State Wildlife Refuge
- Woolly Hollow State Park
You can Google each site to see what’s available in each area.
is a website or free app that you can download for your phone with information about trails close by. It gives details about the length and difficulty of each trail.
For the history buffs:
- Faulkner County Museum
Located on the Historic Faulkner County Courthouse Grounds, the museum showcases items from Faulkner County prehistory and history as well as maintains six major types of collections, including archival and documentary materials, art by Faulkner County artists, a teaching collection, an image collection, a research and reference collection, and a collection of historic and prehistoric objects.
- Pickles Gap Village
An interesting little stop along Highway 65 North of Conway. Has a petting zoo, a fudge shop, an antique store, a gun/knife store and even a store for all your quilting/crafting needs.
- Cadron Settlement Park
Located on AR-319 W off Highway 64; facilities include the Blockhouse restoration, the Cherokee Trail of Tears, a historical mural of this pioneer settlement, markers, and interpretive signs. Cadron Settlement Park is a National Historic site because of its French trading post roots.
For art lovers:
- Baum Art Gallery at UCA is an educational art museum that features national and international touring exhibitions, sponsor juried student shows, and cooperates across disciplines to curate original exhibits distinctly suited to an academic environment. Check online for a list of current and upcoming exhibits.
For the science-minded:
- The Dr. Edmond E. Griffin Planetarium, located on the UCA campus, serves as an astronomy and science education resource center for central Arkansas. The planetarium is part of the outreach component of the Department of Physics and Astronomy, and as such, it supports astronomy teaching on campus, as well as, offers planetarium shows to school groups and the general public. Check online for public showing dates and times.
- The Faulkner County Library offers our teens and tweens opportunities through literacy and education that will encourage the use of imagination, creativity and intellectual freedom. Check our online calendar for upcoming activities.
Stay informed about events happening in and around Conway with this online calendar.
Have fun checking out all the fun free things to do!